Life screams by so fast, doesn't it??


Our blog is all about connecting the dots of daily life....


And helping our long distance family stay connected to us.


I'm not that good at baby books so decided this would be a good place to leave a polka dotted trail of Sy's childhood...


So that 20 years from now, we can look back and see what was going on in the daily life of our little family.


A bread crumb trail so to speak!


You are welcome to drop in anytime and see what we are up to.

Sunday, December 12, 2010

A Snow Day!

Last week we had lots of snow days...and more to come for the next several months (sigh...)
To beat the winter blahs, we started our morning out with a new additon to our laundry room "art gallery" A painting of Thomas the train. Sylas is into making copies right now..ahem, his friend Evan inspired him recently. hee hee!

So he made a copy...or "coffee" as he calls it of his Jr. Engineer Certificate and wanted to paint it. He was a man on a mission. And that is exactly what we did...well, we made a few copies. But it's always good to have a few too many than not enough, right?

After the painting was perfected, we bundled up in full snowy weather attire and headed to the back yard to get a closer look at this snow business.

At first he wasn't too sure about walking in it, but then all was well and he scooped and scooped until his bucket was almost too full to carry....then picked it up and headed towards the back door saying "Sy's house".

Hmm...I'm afraid snow doesn't last very long in the house, Sy. I wasn't sure how to explain this one, but thankfully he moved on to something else and we didn't have to watch snow melt in the house for the rest of the morning!



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Martha said...

How much are your paintings? I would like to purchase one.

Teresa said...

Sy, You have an outstanding momma who is giving you all the experiences you need! Sarah, I love you and love reliving Jack's childhood through you and Sy. However, I think I need a few lessons from you. You are a fabulous mom! Love, Tree Tree

Barry/ Amy said...

Leave it to Evan to teach the bad behavior :) Great idea that you have started an "art gallery"

Post a Comment